5 Perfect Kitchen Upgrades for a New Look Without Remodeling
Almost every homeowner dreams of a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen. It’s a fact that kitchen remodels can be a huge undertaking in terms of time, expense, and personal disruption and upheaval. Even more so in today’s unusual circumstances. However, while many of our clients are focused on remodeling on a grand scale, we also have as many looking to an interior design refresh.
Of course, Johanna G. Seldes/IDC Interior Design Consulting is the interior designer of choice whichever option is right for you. For those more focused on a refresh, fortunately, there are a few easy changes you can make which will give you the updated look you crave with significantly less cost. At IDC Interior Design Consulting, Johanna G. Seldes specializes in making a customized plan for a living space worth living in. With our popular Refresh by Design service, IDC Interior Design Consulting provides an All-In Pre-Construction Design service, no remodel needed. Here are a few options and features IDC/Interior Design Consulting looks at when refreshing a kitchen.
- Cabinets – Cabinets take up most of your kitchen’s real estate and therefore become the biggest eyesore when you’ve decided you want to make changes. While your first impulse might be to gut the cabinets, there might be no need. Consider refacing which leaves the bases in place and changes only the exterior of the cabinetry. Even a fresh coat of paint in a brand new color will change the look of your kitchen. A cabinet makeover can usually be completed within a matter of days and can dramatically change the feel of your kitchen.
- Backsplash and Countertops – You can often tell the date of a kitchen based on backsplash and countertops, especially since the trends behind them come and go. If you are still looking at black granite countertops and backsplash, you can lighten up with one of the latest white toned options in granite, marble, or quartz. From bright subway tiles to subtle gray, blue, and sand tones, a new backsplash and countertop will quickly change the vibe of your space.
- Lighting – If your kitchen is starting to feel like a middle school classroom it might be time to swap out old fluorescent lights with better, and more environmentally friendly, LED ones. Moreover, the right light fixture can make your space feel stylish and chic, not utilitarian and drab. Decorative lighting, especially over the island, brings a new personality and design theme to your kitchen.
- Hardware – One of the more cost-effective and impactful updates to make, changing out those old pulls and knobs can bring an old kitchen into the modern world. A hardware swap can be the added accessory needed to pull the kitchen refresh together.
- Appliances – The only thing more dated than a laminate countertop is dated kitchen appliances. Whether they are a solid black or white that has morphed into a cream color, appliances can pull down the look of the kitchen. Modern finishes such as gloss, matte or black stainless-steel or a more subtle slate have become as affordable as the older styles and completely upgrade your kitchen.
Adding a contemporary update to your kitchen doesn’t have to set you back in time or financially. Take a quick inventory of the space and you’ll see that a few simple changes can make a huge difference in the look and feel of your kitchen. Your best bet? Contact your interior design expert, Johanna G. Seldes/IDC Interior Design Consulting about our Refresh by Design service.
Johanna G. Seldes, ASID IDC/Interior Design Consulting is a full service, award-winning Tampa Bay interior design firm that works with custom home builders, remodeling companies and individual clients. We provide interior design project management services throughout the entire construction process, including preconstruction design, selections, and installation.Tags: Kitchen design makeovers, tampa designer kitchen remodel, Tampa Interior Design Custom Home, Tampa interior designer remodeling, Tampa new Home Interior Designer, Tampa remodeling and renovations
Categorised in: Designer Kitchen Remodels, Designer Remodels, Renovation Tips, Tampa Custom Home Interior Design, Tampa Designer Designing Tips, Tampa-Bay Designer Decorating Tips